This is my reason!

This is my reason!
My daddy, Cesar Virtucio. He is my reason!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Kick-off Event!!!

So, today was Love Caps 4 Cancer's kick-off event and it was so AMAZING!! I woke up feeling really nervous about the event...I am not a big fan of public speaking, however, I see it being a BIG part of my life from now on! I also wasn't sure how this kick-off was going to turn out, because we really didn't get our flyers out in time. So, I was a lil' worried that no one would show up today. Once again I was proven wrong!!! We had a good turn out with about 25 people or so! I am so thankful for all those who took the time to come today! It was so much fun! I had a blast watching everyone mingle and crochet!!

Today was such an wonderful milestone for Love Caps. I feel so proud of how this project has grown over the past couple months. Sometimes, it is still a big blur to me, but regardless, I am so very thankful for all the awesome things that have happened to this project thus far.

I think I am getting better at public speaking,especially when I say pretty much the same thing every time I speak at an event. However, this time was a little different. I've told me story before, but there was something different about this event. As I started to tell my story and reason for this project, I was hit with so much emotions that I choked up my words. I really don't cry when talking about my dad, but this time around I could not hold it all in. It was such a tear-jerking moment.

I can't stop thinking about how great today was. I am so thankful to all my wonderful friends who showed up today to show their support. It meant so much to me to have all my good friends there to share this moment with me. I am so thankful for all the support and love my friends and family...it means the world to me.

I wish my parents and a few other good friends were there today, but we have a recording! Hopefully we can post that soon!

A special " Thank you" to Lions Club of San Leandro and Boy Scouts of America for all their help today!

Here are some pictures for all to enjoy!!!




















1 comment:

  1. Wish I was there to see my baby ~ mom. Dad would have loved to come too but there will be lots of tears ~~~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive