This is my reason!

This is my reason!
My daddy, Cesar Virtucio. He is my reason!

Monday, November 22, 2010

A Not So Common Thread



I wanted to share a very touching letter that was written by a man I call "Pops". Pops is a man that I go to church with and has a lot of similarities with my daddy. He has become a "dad" figure in my life for the past year. I am thankful for all the help he has given to my family. Thanks, Pops! Dad was also thankful for all your help, kindness and love.

Pops recently learned that his uncle has been diagnosed with cancer and requested a green love cap for him. I quickly got to work and finished the love cap this past Saturday. I didn't get a picture of it, but it was so cute to see how excited Pops was when I gave him his uncle's love cap. Yesterday, Pops handed me an envelope with a copy of the letter that he included with the love cap he was sending off to his uncle. Here is the letter, which is well written and so touching:

" This cap was made especially for you, it was personally made from the founder of Love Caps 4 Cancer.

My friend Cesar spent a lot of time out of state, and one day he was just not feeling well, he went to the Dr. and found out he had lung cancer. Eventually they removed one of his lungs. But the cancer spread to other parts of his body. Carisa, his daughter had to become very strong and full of support. She cared for her dad in every way she could. Many days and nights at the hospital she went. She became closer to her father than ever before. Cesar lost his hair through all the treatment, and somewhere around there, she began to make caps.

This caps is so special. It contains common yarn that was bought from the store, but the meaning behind it means so much more. The green color is for your time in the Marines. This love cap was made from the heart. This love cap was designed to warm more than your head, it was made with love to warm your heart!"

When I read this letter last night, tears filled my eyes. I had my mom read it too and she also got teary eyed! Thank you, Pops for allowing me to share this wonderful letter for all to see! The last sentence (it is in bold) really gets to me. It sums up Love Caps 4 Cancer so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive