This is my reason!

This is my reason!
My daddy, Cesar Virtucio. He is my reason!

Monday, August 23, 2010

I walked for my hero -5k 8/21/10



This past weekend I hit the road bright and early with my good friend Danielle to participate in San Diego's 1st " Free to Breathe" Lung Cancer 5k walk. All week I had mixed emotions and wasn't sure how I was going to handle this event. I was so glad that I was able to participate and walk for my hero. It was such a great feeling of accomplishment and pride when we hit the finish line. I was beaming with pride because I was walked in memory of my daddy and I know he would have been proud! I love you dad!



I am so thankful for my wonderful friend Danielle. She is amazing...a great person with such a caring heart. She's been such a strong anchor for me for the past year as I dealt with my dad's cancer. She was always there to give me comfort or let me just vent. I am so blessed to have her in my life. She is the true definition of a good friend. During my dad's last weeks, Danielle was there by my side to sit with me, cry with me, laugh with me and sit in silence with me. She was even there during dad's last days and has never left my side through this journey of the seasons of grieving. I can't thank her enough for her friendship and her love. She's been such a big supporter and promoter for Love caps! A million thanks to you chum for your undying love, admiration, loyalty and endless laughs. I hope you know how much you mean to me and how much I cherish our friendship. Thank you for this past weekend...it was wonderful and full of adventure!



This is the view that we got to enjoy during the walk! So beautiful! I love San Diego! The whole event was wonderful. It was so touching to see so many people there all for the same cause. It was comforting to have people from different places gather together for our love ones. It was as beautiful as the view!!!


We plan to participate again next year and are determined to run the entire 5k. YIKES! Ha - I know we can do it. We have a whole year to get ready!!

I will post more pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive